The finale of the Fourth Great Ninja War has brought about a new era.
This new era is led by Naruto, who freed all the tailed beasts and united the villages.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  TwitterTwitter  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Poll
How did you find this site?
Advert/post on another site
17%
 17% [ 2 ]
Twitter
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Word of mouth
42%
 42% [ 5 ]
Forumotion directory
17%
 17% [ 2 ]
Google
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
25%
 25% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12
Latest topics
» To see a village for the first time. [open to all]
by Bar Gameron Sat May 02, 2015 11:58 pm

» The Way of Ninshuu
by Bar Gameron Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:25 pm

» Hello World! (Village Entry and Alliance)
by Bar Gameron Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:22 pm

» Building Sand Castles (Village Entry and Alliance)
by Bar Gameron Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:06 pm

» Ninja Rank Rules V1
by Faye Ashikimoto Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:38 pm

» A Still Pond (Village Invasion)
by Bar Gameron Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:21 pm

» sorry :/
by Bar Gameron Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:28 pm

» Aspect of Armadillo! WIP
by Niccolo Ferrari Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:05 pm

» Yasei's stats
by Yasei Ikimono Oumono Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:42 pm

» Asupekutobeara clan
by Faye Ashikimoto Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:50 pm

Top posting users this week

Share | 

Major Suggestions Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Faye Ashikimoto

Character Statistics
Health:
100/100  (100/100)
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Energy:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Major Suggestions Topic   Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:12 am

If you have multiple suggestions or one large suggestion - whatever it/they may be, post them here Very Happy

(Even if it is just one small suggestion, it is still welcome~)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutonewera.forumotion.co.uk
Niccolo Ferrari

Character Statistics
Health:
100/100  (100/100)
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Energy:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Major Suggestions Topic   Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:57 am

suggestions (a lot of them are based on the assumption that your rules will be similar to the previous site’s)

Might wanna make sure all rules truly are under “all rules” even if this means redundancy elsewhere, especially under creation apps

Stat caps? Both for individual stats and overall?

Ranks, what each one allows, and what it takes to get there (missing ninjas assuming you keep them, and village ninjas alike)

Speed and strength stats? These could affect how strong your attacks and some jutsu are. I get the feeling though that you want to completely eliminate the speed stat to avoid speed blitzing, and the like, either by jutsu or in person, so I don’t mind either way myself

Travelling rules for crossing between villages?

Creation rules/templates for jutsus, bloodlines (merge these with clans), items, weapons, puppets, etc.

For anything that a lot of people should read/use that will be permament, mostly for the rules, it might help clarify things if several people passed the document back and forth, discussing and editing things to make them more clear to others, the old site was ok especially since you could ask questions, but it would help newer people a lot I think, if this was done. Likewise if anything is decided on outside of the original rules, they should be added in as well (this is to prevent the unwritten rules that sometimes became an issue on the previous site)

(assuming you are using a similar roleplaying style to the previous site) - The last site had a fairly good explanation of the roleplaying system, but things like not being able to vague swords into existence, or not being able to change something a bunch of other people already reacted to, should also be listed.

Related to the above, perhaps a couple of people should have an ooc fight just to serve as an example of roleplaying, the combat system, etc. for people to scrutinize and get a better feel for stuff
You might allow members who have been around a sufficient time to comment on other people’s apps, but NOT to approve or deny them, just to help look for loopholes and such. The ultimate decision to deny or approve should always be that of a mod’s but everyone misses stuff sometimes. The same people tend to be good for answering questions, so perhaps there could be a intermediate rank between moderator and basic users, from which mods can be culled on occasion…
Rules for having multiple characters?

Puppets might be best as a subcategory of weapon, and can be purchased using the same system as jutsu, for puppeteers

I assume the site is trying to focus more on roleplaying and less on massive amounts of stats, you may want to limit boosts to stats extremely heavily, perhaps only granting them to chakra and health
Perhaps we could try having the final strength of a jutsu should be its base strength added to the user’s chakra. This should be a little simpler and faster than doing calcs based on fractions of someone’s stats

If mods or ninjas occupying positions with limited capacity are inactive, remove them automatically (so no inactive kage, if the number of jounin per village is limited, they should also have a time limit for inactivity)

If you make a list of limited jutsu/clans, don’t let them be village specific, you can always say that the ninjas or users of some technique spread all over the world following some catastrophic event.
If tailed beasts are something someone can acquire, they should also be limited, and those starting with them (and without a clan) should have a decent chance to get them

Training rules? (you might want to make the training easier than on the previous site, not giving stats away but make it a little easier, I know some people have issues simply because of the wc needed to learn and train, before)

any ideas yet on elements?

money?

missions?

related to clans/bloodlines - will obtaining other ones be possible?

specialties?

inventories rules? (perhaps based on sizes with different sizes counting towards a maximum point total)

sealing scrolls?

Last edited by Niccolo Ferrari on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiva Hyuuga

Character Statistics
Health:
100/100  (100/100)
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Energy:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Major Suggestions Topic   Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:16 pm

I for sure think this battle system needs to be thought out pretty hard.  After reading some of the CB logs, It came to my attention that people thought I was controlling someone else s actions, and then that Aizen was rewinding time.

Basically I just want to make sure it is thought out wether there will be a timeline based combat system, in which case people are free to respond to any changes when they happen, which means sometimes they will disrupt other's actions

Or decide if you are going to have more of a turn based system like final fantasy.

Especially after just one round in the Energy combat test. i can tell that this might bring about problems for ya, especially related to time lining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faye Ashikimoto

Character Statistics
Health:
100/100  (100/100)
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Energy:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Major Suggestions Topic   Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:48 pm

All suggestions noted.

Timelining is an issue we'll be looking into ASAP. It is very likely we'll be going post-by-post/turn-by-turn like FF, so all actions are final and this means previous posts won't get messed up.
Back to top Go down
Niccolo Ferrari

Character Statistics
Health:
100/100  (100/100)
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Energy:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Major Suggestions Topic   Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:01 pm

much smaller things, but a scrolling place showing the recently replied/created topics would be nice. ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faye Ashikimoto

Character Statistics
Health:
100/100  (100/100)
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Energy:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Major Suggestions Topic   Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:31 am

That would require the sidebar which in turn would make the forum narrower. Are you sure?
Back to top Go down
Niccolo Ferrari

Character Statistics
Health:
100/100  (100/100)
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Energy:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Major Suggestions Topic   Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:46 am

personally i don't mind, either way, i think it might help highlight other topics people are in, but im not set on this lol others may have different opinions on the matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faye Ashikimoto

Character Statistics
Health:
100/100  (100/100)
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Energy:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Major Suggestions Topic   Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Added most of this~
Back to top Go down
Niccolo Ferrari

Character Statistics
Health:
100/100  (100/100)
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Energy:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Major Suggestions Topic   Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:45 am

are we going to make jutsu mastery a thing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faye Ashikimoto

Character Statistics
Health:
100/100  (100/100)
Chakra:
100/100  (100/100)
Energy:
100/100  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Major Suggestions Topic   Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:16 pm

Nah